- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Mobility Specialist- SMART Transit - Wilsonville
The Mobility Specialist implements and coordinates service delivery in Wilsonville through the 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝Wise Travel Training & Mobility Support Program. The 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝Wise program is a coordinated, comprehensive approach to enhancing an individual’s knowledge and ability to access appropriate transportation options independently. The Mobility Specialist also identifies, establishes, and nurtures partnerships with other agencies and organizations that serve these communities to promote and inform community partners of these transportation resources to qualifying customers, people living with disabilities and older adults. The Mobility Specialist must work independently and manage multiple projects assigned by the Mobility Manager.
Who You Are
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone
- You are a community builder by nature. You view community engagement as key to supporting underserved communities and working with your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good
- You understand the importance of empowering others, and the impact that making sure people of all skill levels, experiences, and backgrounds feel like they are strong and capable has on someone’s confidence and self-esteem
- You are an empathic person who can sense when a situation might create anxiety for someone. Because of this, you know how to not take on the anxiety of others while being affirming in ways that bring their anxiety down
- You are an active and engaged listener. You aim to validate and support others, reading between the lines and helping them navigate their anxieties or frustrations while not invalidating them
- You get energized by speaking publicly and doing dynamic presentations for and about causes you believe in
- You have the kind of internal clock and calendar that keeps you reliably on time, present, and honoring your commitments – but you’re not afraid to use a calendar or scheduling program for peace of mind.
- You enjoy traveling to different areas and being out in the community connecting with people as part of your workday.
- You have a passion for learning from those you work with as well as for training others.
- You do your work through an equity lens.
What You’ll Do
- Travel to individual customers or groups in the Wilsonville and potentially also work with customers in Clackamas, Washington, and Multnomah counties
- Complete in-person intakes and assessments on individuals interested in receiving travel instruction
- Utilize assessments to determine the best possible training model for individual customers (i.e. consumer education, peer program, specialized instruction)
- Develop personalized plans of instruction for individual customers based on assessments
- Maintain a working knowledge of public transportation systems in Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington Counties
- Plan and evaluate the best possible routes for the individual customers receiving instruction
- Regularly evaluate each individual customer’s ability and skill level to travel safely and independently
- Provide one-on-one field training to individual customers referred to you for travel training. Field training includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling trainings at the time and location of the specific routes requested
- Instructing customers in the importance of safety in independent travel
- Building a rapport and communicating with the family and support networks of customers
- Instructing customers on transit skills
- Instructing customers in how to travel routes including navigation and wayfinding strategies
- Instructing customers in how to advocate for themselves and their needs
- Supporting customers in developing strategies to use when they are lost or confused when traveling
- Instructing customers on how to handle unusual or emergency situations in the travel environment
- Provide travel trainings and presentations in group settings
- Complete all intake, goal setting, progressive evaluation, and follow-up reports and paperwork for customers
- Presents 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 and SMART publicly by making formal and informal presentations at community meetings, events or other appropriate venues to diverse audiences.
- Identifies potential community partnerships
- Three years’ experience in travel training or a training-related field
- Valid driver’s license
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the Portland metro area
- The ability and willingness to work some evenings and occasional weekends
- Experience with and comfort with the Microsoft Office suite, especially PowerPoint. Comfort and experience with public speaking and giving presentations
- Must be able to pass a DMV check.
- Must pass a National Criminal Record Check, which includes fingerprint identification.
Welcomed Additional Qualifications
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@rideconnection (.org). You can submit these documents in any format, but pdf works best. Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults, people with disabilities, and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.