- Full-Time Equivalent: 1.0 FTE
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Director
The 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 Board, Leadership and staff recognize the history of oppression, which has resulted in ongoing disparities based upon race, gender, perceived abilities, religion, culture, economic status, age, and more. We work to acknowledge and address these disparities by creating a culture of inclusion, respect, and authenticity. Our mission, vision and values guide our work. This work is ongoing, evolving, and actionable. This is a team effort. The Director of DEIA will take the lead with support of management, the board, cohorts, DEIA committee, and equity plan leads. This is shared work and is not reliant on one person to move us forward on our journey.
This is a full-time, exempt position with a starting salary of $71,884 – 81,918 annually. 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 offers an excellent benefits package, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b)-retirement plan with full vestment on day one, Flexible Spending Accounts with a $500 employer contribution, 10 days of paid vacation in your first year with increases every three years, six floating holidays that can be used at any time, a sick leave bank separate from your time off bank, and TriMet annual public transportation passes.
Who You Are
- You value relationships and believe that relationship-building is about cultivating and sustaining meaningful connections that support and uplift everyone
- You are a thought-leader with experience in, awareness of, and commitment to, contemporary and emerging DEIA and social justice opportunities, including, but not limited to, the current research and approaches that inform and address workplace inclusion, intersectionality, equity, unconscious bias, and work-life effectiveness
- You are interested in working to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace with an organization that has started the journey and has much more to learn
- You are focused on the lifelong work of addressing inequities and oppression experienced by people of color, LGBTQIA2+ people, low income and houseless populations, and people with disabilities
- You are a proactive problem-solver and are keen on working with teams to create change
- You enjoy the challenge of juggling multiple projects with multiple timelines. You can roll with the punches and change gears when needed. Without losing a beat, you split your attention between individual and team projects
- You are a lifelong learner, always looking for and finding new bits of knowledge to help you and others to expand how you view the world
- You understand the importance of feedback – both giving feedback that is empathetic and supportive, and how to engage with and process feedback you receive from others
- You are a community builder by nature. You view community engagement as key to supporting your team and teams across an organization or agency for the common good
What You’ll Do
- Working with management and staff, implement a comprehensive equity and engagement plan which promotes diverse, inclusive, and equitable organizational cultures; facilitates awareness and education for all staff, volunteers and partners
- Provides leadership and communicates a clear link between equity, diversity, and inclusion initiatives and the impact to 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝’s overall performance
- Leads staff involvement and engagement in DEIA work including facilitating staff led committees – Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility Committee and Talent, Engagement and Development Committee
- Develops and leads an equity-first approach to strategic community-based initiatives, plans, and goals in alignment with organizational vision, mission, and strategic initiatives
- Provides strategic leadership for 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝’s equity plan and initiatives to ensure 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 equity initiatives continue
- Supports professional development programs to raise awareness and develop best practices to cultivate a culture of civility, respect, and ethical behavior, and that help build a welcoming and inclusive culture within the organization
- Advises on communication strategies for 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝’s equity and inclusion objectives and initiatives
- Champions innovation, process review, and refinement
- Coordinates organization-wide DEIA strategic plan with department and equity leaders
- A minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. A minimum of two years of people management experience
- A change-agent with a proven track record of appropriately challenging the status quo, gathering the ideas of others, and demonstrating good judgment
- A proven track record of coordinating and leading others through organizational change
- Progressive experience in representing an organization to, and building coalitions with, internal and external constituencies from varied and diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrated ability to use data insights to drive high-impact, bold action
- Ability to work with diverse populations and establish rapport and trust with diverse audiences
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict-resolutions skills and demonstrated ability to promote collaboration among departments, with strong consensus building skills and the ability to negotiate favorable outcomes
- Ability to analyze and make sound recommendations on complex issues, including identification of alternative solutions and projecting consequences of different plans of action
- Excellence in communication (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate at all levels of an organization, strong presentation, and public speaking skills
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to lead and influence internal teams and external stakeholders by providing data and cohesive communication strategies
- Strong people management skills, including the ability to hire, develop, and coach staff
- Strong critical thinking skills, including the ability to analyze and solve problems
- A thought-leader with experience in, awareness of, and commitment to, contemporary and emerging DEIA and social justice opportunities, including, but not limited to, the current research and approaches that inform and address workplace inclusion, intersectionality, equity, unconscious bias, and work-life effectiveness
- A track record of successfully leading DEIA initiatives for both organizational strategy and workforce-related issues
- Familiarity with common identity development models and popular DEI training approaches
- Experience with nonprofit organizations
- Experience, lived or otherwise, working with older adults and people with disabilities
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@rideconnection (.org).
Please share what skills and experiences you would bring to this role in your cover letter.
Applications will be considered as submitted, so you are encouraged to apply early. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 is a private, non-profit organization based in Portland, Oregon. We offer ways for people to access the goods and services they need to survive and thrive. By giving people the means to get around, we offer independence, health, and inclusion.
The 九州娛樂城APP下載安裝 network comprises a collection of agencies that serve older adults and people with disabilities and low-income individuals by offering a variety of transportation options in Clackamas, Multnomah, and Washington counties.
Together, we provide over 500,000 rides and support more than 2,000 individuals with training and access to public transportation each year.